søndag 12. september 2010

Everyday life, part 2

Since my latest post I have moved, worked and kept myself busy with watching my new favorite show "Mad Men".
I no longer live in Boston but the city of Cambridge. This entails a much longer commute to get to work although my room, roomie and the apartment is very nice.
Harvard University is divided so that Harvard Law and that stuff is located in Cambridge while Harvard Medical and School of Public Health is on the Boston side. Fortunately there is a shuttlebus that goes from Harvard to Harvard. The public transportation system here is nothing to get excited about, the T is always full, has no reception and is not exactly punctual so although the shuttle is always packed its a good alternative. Actually last week I took the T to work and was delayed by 20 min because there was a fire (!) in one of the cars. No more T.

My new grocery shop is a shaw, this is one of the biggest shops I've ever been in! The first time I went there just to get some bread and milk I ended up spending one hour just wandering through all of the aisles looking at all the strange stuff. They have like a 10 meter long aisle of only bread. Crazy. They also have freshly made food so I'm currently eating my way through typical American dishes such as mashed sweet potato and mac n cheese.

Last weekend the hurricane "Earl" was supposed to hit. The news portrayed it like it was supposed to be the next "Katrina" so I was so disappointed when it only rained for an hour and was we Northern-Norwegians would call a light breeze.
On last Saturday I went to dinner with Peder, Danielle and some friends of them at a Vietnamese place. It was so good. I still can't believe how cheap it is to eat out here. For mixed appetizers, a main course and two beers I payed approximately 180 NOK. At this place they also introduced me to my new favorite drink, "bubble tea", this is smoothie (in whatever flavor) with tapioca balls which is kind of chewy berries. For more information see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapioca.

This weekend have been quiet, today I went to ICA, The Institute of Contemporary Art, which was very nice and then me and Scott went on a Taco Bell expedition so that I could have my first Taco Bell meal. There is no Taco Bell in downtown Boston so we had to take the T to this mall outside of town, not only was the Taco Bell meal amazing, but I got to catch up with my ex-roomie that is approaching the Diamond league in Starcraft!! Congrats Scott! Although my new roomie, Jen, is very nice I miss Caryn. I'm planning to visit her in Jersey soon and in two weeks me and Caryn are planning to visit Janelle in NY, I'm looking forward to that!

My camera has been without batteries for some time so I haven't taken that my pictures but here are some.

That was a quick update on my latest movements. I love you all!





This is what I look like now!

Skoleveien min, eller dvs, veien til T-banen

Cute commercial for The New England Aquarium (dedikert til Karoline)

Late night snack, avocado-smoothie with bubbles and sweet potato chips

ICA

View of downtown Boston from the south side

1 kommentar: