tirsdag 24. august 2010

As time goes by..

Time is passing by so fast! In one way so much has happened, in another way it doesn't seem like anything have changed.
Quick resume of the past week events:

Dinner with Ida and her friend at the Prudential Center (the tallest building in Boston) with a great skyline view last Saturday. Not only did we have delicious food and great service we also witnessed a marriage proposal which was successful! The skybar was very elegant with a jazzband playing, dimmed lights and poshy old women sipping martinis. I bet Frank Sinatra would have loved it, so as you probably can understand I fitted right in.

Sunday I went to the Museum of Fine Arts after a quicky in the lab. I came right before they closed and skipped through all the boring history and went straight to beautiful exhibition on a fashion photographer for Vogue in the 50s and 60s, I really wanted the catalog but it was very expensive so I settled on a pin showing Audrey Hepburns eye. Very chic. Haha.

The rest of the week so filled with work. Nothing more to say if you're not really into molecular biology.

On Friday Janelle joined us from NY to go to Caryns friends birthday party. Janelle is the girl who also joined us on the duck tour and she is a lot of fun. Me, Caryn, Janelle, Daniella (Caryns other amazing friend, she has a lot of them) and Jen (the Black-Irish) went to this club called Sanctuary where this birthday girl had reserved a table. Here they had, like I've seen some other places, sugar-shots served in reagent tubes which you can buy to get that extra sugar-kick going on top of your drunkenness. We met this guy from Brazil which bought us 15 of those. Cool stuff.

On Saturday I met up with this girl I'm going to live with, because after a lot of weird and strange e-mails I have finally managed to get myself a new room/apartment. Its a little outside town and its going to take me much longer to get to work, but she is nice and I think it will work out good. In the evening I celebrated Idas birthday with her and her roommate by having a nice dinner at a seafood restaurant downtown. Later in the evening I met up with Janelle and Caryn and we went to the Donkey Show which is this crazy club/musical/theater/show based on clubs in the 70's. Its like a club with these crazy actors dressed as different characters from Studio 54 which after a while starts singing hits from the 70s. It was so FUN. I tried to take some pictures of it, but they were a bit dark but maybe you'll get a feel of it. The name the donkey show comes from a popular show in Tijuana which involves a donkey and, well, not a 70's musical to put it that way. Haha.

That was a quick summary of what I've been up to for the last week. Send me a summary of your week/weekends!
I miss you!

xxxo
One of the great views from the Prudential CenterAnother view, you can almost see my house!"Will you marry me?"
"Yes, I will!!Janelle and Daniella, not looking into the camera
Janelle, Caryn again avoiding the camera while Jen, the Black-Irish doesn't mind her picture taken
Ida and her free birthday cake!
Donkey show!
The courtyard behind my work

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar