onsdag 6. oktober 2010

Birthday, birthday, birthday!

On Friday I turned one year older. I am now 26 years old. When I was little (about 9) I couldn't even imagine turning 22, and 26 was uncomprehending.

But I turned 26 and didn't feel that much of a difference. One of my co-workers Meg, had made me the sweetest birthday greeting that lay on my desk when I arrived at work. We have had a dispute whether Humphrey Bogart is handsome or not, and whether he looks like Donald Draper in "Mad Men". I think he is handsome and looks a lot like Don Draper in "Casablanca" while she thinks he's a tired old man, with long dragged out cheeks...
Anyway, on my desk was a cardboard card of Humphrey Bogart with a party-hat saying "Happy Birthday kid" and some candy corns (pure sugar!) and the book "East of eden", I was so happy!
Megs trick is to eat the candy corns with pieces of apple, this makes the apple taste like a caramelized apple. Smart ey?

After work I went shopping, new outfit, new perfume and a free birthday gift from both Body Shop and Sephora (pays off to have all these membership cards, I have a lot of them now, I even get milk points every time I buy milk at my local grocery shop!).

At home Jen had made me a birthday card and I enjoyed my birthday dinner in front of the tv.

On Saturday I went to get my hair and nails done since I'm now addicted to manicures. The guy who did my hair didn't speak that much English, but kept insisting that I would look beautiful. "I will make you look beautiful yes?", "Okay" I said. He did not ask how I wanted it or what color I would like... The hair turned out okay, although somewhat different than what I wanted. "You look beautiful" he said when I was done. "Next time I will make you even more beautiful". Well, I can't wait!
In the evening I went to dinner with Scott at the mexican place. So good. Scott had got me my favorite synthetic american snacks, pre-made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and cracker jacks! Yeey.
He is so sweet. He has now reached the diamond league in Starcraft, this is the highest league you cab get into without an invite. A great accomplishment I must say!
When I got home I was sort of tipsy and started roaming the internet. I found some tickets for MIA in Boston on Monday and bought them. And that's the story behind how I went to a MIA concert by myself.

The concert was great, you would not think that this girl recently gave birth, she had so much energy, but the crowd wasn't that great. A lot of 18-19 years old boys and girls really drunk not watching the concert. Maybe it was my additional year but I was very annoyed.

Also, in recent news: some crazy person keeps texting me these biblical verses in Portuguese. Yesterday it was, directly from g-translate: let it be touched by the love of God in this day and open your heart to the holy spirit moving among and within vd and you reap the rewards. see Galatians 5:22.

Hope you all are doing okay!

Klemklem


Humphrey Bogart wishing me a happy birthday

Birthday outfit

The lobsters are alive

Birthday meal: Chicken guadeljavera(?)

Scott drinking beer! My doing!

My birthday gift from Scott

M.I.A

M.I.A ontop of three speakers without shoes

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar